Finding the Steel Guitar Message Board
on America Online
A lot of steel guitarists use America Online® (AOL) because it once
had the best steel guitar forum of the major online services. The steel
guitar forum is part of AOL's Music Message Center. Here's how you find it:
- Connect to AOL using their Windows® or Macintosh®
- Use the Keyword... command in the Go To menu.
- Enter the keyword "mmc" and press the [Go] button.
- At this point you should be in the Music Message Center
Double-click on the Music Professionals folder to open it.
- Double-click on the Musicians/Technicians bulletin board.
- Press the [Browse Folders] button.
- At this point you should see the Steel Guitar topic.
Single click on Steel Guitar to select it.
- Press the [Find New] button to read new messages.
AOL's messaging system takes a little getting used to (it's not nearly as
friendly as many newsgroup or QWK readers), but the quality of the discussion
in this forum alone may be worth the membership fee for some steelers.
America Online often has a "10 hour free trial" deal going, with software disks
bundled in computer magazines and mass mailings. It's easy to cancel if you
don't like it.
$Date: 1995/06/11 15:31:07 $